Job Description: Lifeguard
Job Title: Lifeguard
Reports to: General Manager/MOD
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of the Goldfish Swim School
by preventing and responding to emergencies. Wears the required Goldfish Swim School
uniform while on duty.
1. Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and
appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an accident or emergency.
2. Communicate the rules of the facility to patrons fairly and consistently.
3. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency
4. Ensures that medical services (EMS or other) are contacted by most appropriate
means when necessary to respond to an emergency.
5. Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high
standard of customer service.
6. Completes accident/incident reports as necessary.
7. Maintains and clean and safe facility as directed/assigned.
8. Assists with closing and securing the facility.
Education/Experience: High School Student with Lifeguard, CRP/AED and First Aid
Certifications. Prefer 6 months’ experience as lifeguard at an aquatic facility or camp.
Certifications: Must maintain current CPR/AED, First Aid and Lifeguarding certifications.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and
humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.