The Transitional Employment Supervisor must be able to effectively lead, supervise, evaluate, and assist in the
transition of a team of six to eight at-risk young people in a community-based project. Projects and TES
programming are focused on basic skill development and job readiness. This seasonal position will run 8
weeks, from late June until Mid-August, which includes a two week paid training.
Who We Are.
As part of the Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development, Youth Options Unlimited Boston (YOU Boston) is a
youth development program that specializes in providing case management services and career development
opportunities to Boston-area teens and young adults.
Who We Serve.
YOU Boston serves young people ages 16-24, who may be court involved, gang affiliated, or at-risk. All of the
young people we work with are dealing with barriers to stable employment and educational attainment.
However, there is no typical YOU Boston member. Our clients come from a diverse spectrum in regards to
their home life, education status, court involvement, and work history. Every young person we employ is held
to high standards of professionalism, commitment, and attendance.
What are the perks?
As a Transitional Employment Services (TES) Supervisor, you will get hands-on experience working in a
number of fields including; youth development, social work, mentoring, education, and project/operations
management. Each year, our growing alumni of dedicated TES Supervisors go on to enter variety of careers
within the non-profit/public and private sector.
What you’ll be doing:
The daily duties of the TES Supervisor include but are not limited to the following:
1. Lead team of youth six to eight young people between the ages of 16-24, in project-based activities at
2. Supervise youth participating in projects; design, implement and adjust project plan; document project’s
progress and challenges.
3. Conduct daily safety checks of all participants and their belongings to ensure a safe and productive
4. Facilitate the learning of all team members through deliberate daily workshops and activities to prepare
members for the world of work, supporting their academic advancement and positive behavior.
5. Work collaboratively with YOU Boston staff to ensure safety and progress of all youth participants.
6. Conduct daily assessments of youth engaged in projects; participate in case conference meetings as it
relates to the young person’s program involvement.
7. Keep case notes and meet with other program staff regularly for continuous improvement of the
program service delivery.
8. Maintain all necessary supervisory documentation, including, but not limited to: payroll, disciplinary
reports, weekly calendars, daily attendance and evaluations, alternative project assignments, transition
recommendations and overall job performance assessments.
9. Work in daily collaboration with YOU Boston Database Administrator and Career Development staff to
ensure the completion and submission of all agency mandated documentation.
10. This is hands on work! You will be landscaping, painting or any other tasks dictated by the
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for strong leaders; those with the experience and/or an interest in working with young people.
This position requires high level organizational and interpersonal skills. Applicants must be able to efficiently
manage a project, work collaboratively as part of a team, and communicate effectively with staff, youth, and
community partners. Often our TES Supervisors are former high school/middle school teachers, City Year or
AmeriCorps members, career changers, or recent college graduates. That being said, applicants who do not
have prior experience will still be considered if they possess other relevant strengths/skills and are passionate
about working with young people and giving back to the community.
Requirements and Notes for Consideration:
Valid Driver’s License is required.
Bachelor’s Degree or working towards that with at least two year experience working with teens,
Hourly Pay is $17.50 at 35 hours per week. (One hour lunch break is not compensated).
Schedule will be 8:00am-4:00pm M-F
2 Week paid training will begin on approximately 6/20/19
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Employee At-Will
Your employment status will be as a temporary at-will employee. As an at-will employee, either YOU Boston
or you (the at-will employee) may terminate your employment at any time with or without notice or with or
without cause. The location of your position will be on YOU Boston premises or designated worksite. Your
check will be issued by the Economic Development and Industrial Corporation.
* Youth Options Unlimited Boston are Equal Opportunity Employer
Please E-Mail your resume and cover letter to Jonathan Makrez at Jonathan.Makrez@boston.gov Subject
Line: 2019 Transitional Employment Supervisor Position.