Friends of Sholan Farms
Friends of Sholan Farms
Junior Board of Directors – Job Descriptions & Duties
Friends of Sholan Farms, 1125 Pleasant Street, Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
Junior Board of Director
Mission of the Friends of Sholan Farms
Our mission is to be a family oriented, recreational, and educational farm making full use of natural resources with an integrated ecosystem that is practical and environmentally friendly. Our goal is constant improvement while striving to preserve and protect this diverse property. We desire to be beneficial to the community by bringing people, education, business, and culture to the City of Leominster and surrounding communities in Central Massachusetts.
Mission of the Junior Board
The mission of the Junior Board is to support the overall mission and activities of the Friends of Sholan Farms by acting as ambassadors, developing leadership skills and sharing technical skills and engaging other community members ages 16-40 years old in becoming the next generation of members, volunteers and leaders at Sholan Farms.
Why join the FOSF Board as a Student Ambassador?
• To support the organization’s critical work in community outreach and environmental stewardship.
• To play an active role in engaging other young people to support the Friends of Sholan Farms (FOSF) in fund raising, advocacy and volunteerism.
• To enhance your resume and partake in important community service while gaining a sense of philanthropy.
• To develop leadership skills and the potential to join the FOSF Board of Directors in the future.
• To learn more about the vital work of the FOSF grant making, advocacy, and the art of fundraising.
• To gain a high quality, organized and focused volunteer experience.
• To learn how to collaborate with city governments and other organizations.
• To enhance your professional network.
• To meet wonderful people and have fun!
Purpose of the FOSF Junior Board Member / Student Ambassador
This position was formed in order to reach a young population of community members to engage them in the Board development process, build future leaders and support fundraising and advocacy efforts in the FOSF. A member of the senior Board of Directors shall be assigned to the Junior Board Member/Student Ambassador.
What will the Student Ambassadors duties be?
• Learn how to conduct meetings
• Public Speaking
• Group decision making
• Develop project ideas
• Grant research and application
• Develop fundraising skills
• Develop event planning skills
Junior Board Members must:
• Be 16-25 years old
• Display an extraordinary commitment to the FOSF
• Be an enthusiastic community advocate for the mission of FOSF
• Attend 9-12 Board Meetings per year, and be available for additional committee meetings as needed.
• We will waive the membership dues Commit to a one year term with the option to continue involvement after this term
• Commit to at least 10 volunteer hours per month
• Recruit additional assistance from peers
• Actively be actively involved in:
Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
Public Relations & Outreach
Festival Planning/Special Events
Marketing & Advertising